Location of Citroen C4 Oil Filter please?

Hi Folks. Recently made the decision to do an oil change on my C4 2.0l diesel VTR+ myself. What a daft idea that was. Talk about BP and the Gulf of Mexico Oil spill ;o) Oil all over my driveway, even though I did use a proper oil collection tray. When will I ever learn to let a garage do a messy job like this ;o)

Anyway.... My real question is, whereabouts did they hide the oil filter on the damned car. I have a new paper filter for it but couldn't find where to put it. All the info I could find was that you need a 27mm spanner to take off the plastic cap. I think I might have found it at the top under the engine cover, but I'm not sure. If that is it, which way does it turn? Also, if anybody has instructions on how to get to the Air Filter, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
silverb19

It is a normal thread so anticlockwise to undo it

there are oil filter sockets available to do this usually 3/8 drive

I did mess one up once by trying to use the wrong tool

Reply to
TMC

Thanks for your reply TMC, but I'm still not sure where it is. If it is that plastic dome near the top of the engine, does that mean it can be changed without having to drain out all the new oil I put in?

Thanks

Silverb

Reply to
silverb19

yes, it is possible to change the oil filter without draining the oil on almost every vehicle made. It would be usual to change the filter at the same time as the oil, but better late than never.

Reply to
Mrcheerful