Locks

Hi, I am trying to get a replacement boot lock for my L reg ford fiesta. I have tried quite a few car places and they dont know where to get them from.

My reason for looking is the one that is currently in is faulty, in the way that any key (even a screwdriver) can open my boot.

Any ideas of places that sell them?

Thanks Allot

Chris

Reply to
Chris

The message from "Chris" contains these words:

Ford dealer!

If you're nice to the bloke behind the counter he'll show you how to key it up to match the existing locks so you don't have to have two keys. It's not hard to do but fiddly if you've not done one before.

Reply to
Guy King

How Expensive are ford dealers on these locks?

Reply to
Chris

The last (door) lock for a Fiesta I bought was £9 IIRC. Since I bought my Mondeo I've been in to my local dealers a couple of times for bits, I've been very impressed with their prices. Interior plastic bits especially, the plugs to cover the screws holding the door cards on were only 12p each and made it much simpler to fit new speakers cos I just screwed a self tapper into the original; ones and pulled 'em out and replaced 'em ;) Coming from a Peugeot, its amazing how simple it all is too, the parts seem to fit any Mondeo, none of this "well theres a selection of 60 different parts for your model, do you know what day it was built on ?" that's the PITA of owning a French car ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

The message from "Chris" contains these words:

Last time I bought any was a few years ago and a full set for a Transit

- four door, ignition and fuel cap was about £40 +VAT.

Reply to
Guy King

I have fond memories of a works tranny we had with a dodgy back door lock. The monkey mechanics we used fixed it, but it then worked the opposite way to before. Now, everyone knows that Fords will lock with any Ford key but need the correct one to unlock, right? Guess what happened to this one :-)

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu

"Stu" wrote

Nice one Stu.

I used to work next door to a vehicle delivery firm. One of their drivers had a real good story from when that key system was introduced. Apparently on a long haul transporter drivers lock all the keys into one car while they sleep. How do you know which key to take to bed with you? Simple, it's the key that locks the car that you just put them all in. And hey, why not pop the truck key in there too . .

&
Reply to
Andy