Loss of power on diesel

Hi I am new to diesels. Our 1.8l 1993 Ford fiesta diesel is sufferring from loss of power. Starts excellent but has lost that bit of umph. New air filter fitted. What should I check next?

Thanks in advance for any help.

R4

Reply to
Arthur Suggitt

Okay - how new to it are you?

What's the soot like?

What's the fuel consumption like?

Reply to
DervMan

Had a similar prob a little while ago - MAF (Mass Air Flow) Meter had to be replaced - Bloody expensive on my Fiat.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Very much doubt a 1993 fiesta diesel has a MAF.

Reply to
SimonJ

Fuel filter.

The filters should of course be changed a part of routine servicing, which will prevent problems such as this before they occur.(if in fact it is the filters causing the problem) Has the car been serviced regularly/recently?

Reply to
SimonJ

Those bosch maf's are a common problem on a lot of vehicles,

Reply to
Jon

It'll be a real problem on a 93 Fiesta, that's got a mechanical pump. Which may well benefit from a new fuel filter.

Reply to
DuncanWood

I know, but just thought He might have to start looking further afield for the prob. Mind you my old 1991 Sierra had an engine management system - of sorts ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Very new.

I should add that the little beauty was runn>> Hi

Reply to
Arthur Suggitt

Well my pal changed the fuel filter since we were splitting the fuel line whilst taking out all the injectors, replaced same.

No1 cylinder looked "wet" otherwise nothing untoward.

She now runs f>> Hi

Reply to
Arthur Suggitt

Reply to