Maybe its just me.......

I noticed when i took the car for clutch to be replaced (ready tomorrow, i need to get a clutch slave cylnder)

When i start the car from cold, or any time, im sure it takes longer for the oil pressure gauge to go where it does, either when its cold or say im setting off instantly it fires up if engine is fully warm. It gets there but im sure it doesnt shoot up, like i think it used too, im not alarmed that its lower at say higher revs or tickover as that seems fine. If it is getting longer to reach the place on the gauge, what could be the cause? I havent got the haynes as its in the car until i collect it. At the moment im using dirt cheap oil as im changing the filter again next week, i changed it

2000 miles ago but had the car stoood for nearly 4 yers in storage.

Also can you get a compression tester with a v long neck? my plugs are sat v far down in the middle of both camms. My 2 are no where near long enough

thanks

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Crap oil filter without a non-return valve to stop all the oil draining out when you let the car stand?

Reply to
doki

Halfords do one for 10mm plugs, with a stiff flexible hose about 10" long. Includes an adaptor for 14mm plugs. Around £20 IIRC. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I thought that, but if it has been happening, its only been happening recently, not since August when i changed the filter.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

thanks, worth a shot

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

The message from "Mike G" contains these words:

Not last week they didn't. I wanted a compression tester and tried five shops in Telford and not one still sold them.

"There's no practical people left, mate. I just sell service replaceables and shiny bits for chavs" said one.

In the end I got one of eBay for £9.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You can't say they're not honest, though.

Reply to
Adrian

What sort of gauge is it? Just thinking aloud here, but if it's the old type with a narrow oil pipe running directly to it, perhaps a slight blockage in the pipe would slow down its reaction. But then I'd expect that to affect the action in both directions. Is it slow returning to zero as well?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

That's just plain stupid. It's a common enough requirement for DIY mechanics. Maybe for some reason they've discontinued carrying it. It's a couple of months since I baught mine from a Halfords s/store.

Next best bet is a motor factor, I suppose.

Sounds good. Mine went walkies and I needed one in a hurry, otherwise I'd have tried there myself. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It is def slower going up, when the oil is hot and i take my foot off throttle it goes back down normally. The new clutch is great. had to get a slave cylnder tho. garage only charged me £90 to fit. took them 3 hours for clutch and a bit for cylnder.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I tried a biggie place in Sheff today when i got a slave cylnder, asked them if they had one but said no.