Megane 1998 exhaust

Son has 1998 megane 8 valve classic saloon

garage says exhaust is wrong one as shorter than car and may be vibrating noisily intermittently

Local exhaust place who we have used for 30 years or so without complaint (and who garage recommends) says there is no other exhaust available and can find nothing wrong (of course it never vibrates when it is there)

Any one shed any light

Yes I know it is French and a Renault but thought it worth asking anyway

Tony

Reply to
TMC

what sort of noise is it ? the reason i ask is we have a customer with a megane & it had a rattling vibration noise it was traced to an internal broken exhaust band in the section just after the cat, we detached the section and looked down it and sure enough there was the offending piece stuck in the pipe.

Reply to
reg

I presume the hatchback is slightly shorter than the saloon so have they fitted a hatchback exhaust?

There aren't many Megane saloons out there so their exhaust supplier might not list it separately. If this is the case, they might have fitted the right one according to their supplier.

A genuine Renault one may be better but it is also likely to be more expensive.

Alan

Reply to
Alan