Mondeo Window Not Working

hello

The drivers window on my mk2 mondeo has stopped working I have taken the door card off and there the wiring goes to what looks and sounds like a relay screwed to the door. when you press the button down the relay clicks I have checked the fuses.

now im stuck as to what to look for do the motors just die on electric windows

any help much appreciated

Reply to
Lee

it will have a bad connection or a broken wire at the hinge area.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Not sure about Mondeo's but I had a problem once on my VW Golf, where the rear drivers elec window would not work. The relay would also click when I operated the switch. After some research someone suggested a sticking motor. I took the door card off and gave the motor several "taps" with a hammer whilst operating the switch. After 5 or 10 hits, the window worked.

Maybe worth a try. Can you check that power is getting to the motor?

Reply to
diy-newby

Probably the usual broken wire/connection mentioned.

Though on my Mondeo it was the relay itself, which was dry jointed internally.

Lee

Reply to
Lee