Metro 1.1 Cam belt breaking Questions

Friend has a 1.1 metro that's snapped its cam belt.. anyone know if the pistons and valves are likely to have met?? I was of the belief it wouldn't be a problem??

just want to make sure garage fixing it are not going to fleece her!!

TIA

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Yes, this is a bend the valves engine.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Assuming you mean a K-series Rover lump and not the ancient A+ then yes you have probably folded all four exhausts and possibly the inlets as well.

Reply to
Chris Street

A+ has a chain, not a belt and came in predominantly 1 litre and 1300 versions.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Or if you couldn't take the excitement - 850!

Reply to
Guy King

I know - I had one of those lumps. They sometimes sheared either the sprocket or the followers jammed and that was still described as a broken belt, the damaged being limited to bent pushrods on the ones I had to fix.

Reply to
Chris Street

Still not as gutless as the fleet special 1.0 low compression though!

Reply to
Chris Street

Bin it and buy another, it'll be cheaper.

Reply to
SteveH