Metro k series head bolts

I need to replace head gasket but do not have a socket to remove head bolts. Can anyione tell me what size the bolt/socket is?

Reply to
metroken

if you have a wheel brace with for sizes ,, try that it worked for me, i also had to use a length of pipe to get the power behind it..

Reply to
aussie bongo

The message from "aussie bongo" contains these words:

Isn't it a Torx Socket, or whatever they're called? Like Renault use.

Anyway - if it's the sort with a multi-splined lump or socket, take an impression with blutak and take that into the shop.

Reply to
Guy King

Can't you measure it?

Reply to
Malc

If you can't work it out, I'm not sure you should be attempting the job....?! On the other hand, my first cylinder head gasket job was on a Triumph Herald 1200 convertible in a car park, while on holiday in Wales, and I hadn't a clue what I was doing, but found a Samaritan who bailed me out. That and my Haynes manual. Good luck!

Reply to
Steve W

Torx E12.

Reply to
Dave David

The message from "Steve W" contains these words:

Actually, I can see his point. If it's one of the fancy spline bits it can be a pain trying to get the right size special socket without knowing what the right size is - and it's not always obvious.

Reply to
Guy King

Easier to buy a set then ;-)

You know you'll need them...

Having said that, only today I was looking at the small Clarke Torx/Tamperproof thingy I bought ages ago for next to nothing (this one:

and have used ever since for everyhthing form cars to PCs to tumble driers. The tamperproof bits work perfectly well on Torx bolts and are made of stronger stuff to allow for the hole in the middle.

A bit on the small side for 'big' car bits, but for trim and smaller components they're well worth getting.

And if anybody from Machine Mart is reading, get in touch and I'll tell you where to send the free stuff lol.

Reply to
PC Paul

The message from "PC Paul" contains these words:

Cor - I had exactly that set nearly twenty years ago. Didn't know they still made 'em.

I finally found something the Tri-wing[1] bits I've had for years fits. The blade guard pivot screw on my new chopsaw.

[1]
half way down.
Reply to
Guy King

If it is like the 214 it's an inverted torx.

Reply to
gazzafield

Nokia mobile phone chargers too.

Reply to
Doki

The message from "Doki" contains these words:

Cor, yes.

Reply to
Guy King

When you order the new set of head bolts, take one in to a tool shop and ask 'em.

And if you don't order new bolts, don't be surprised when the head gasket goes again ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK