Mis-fuelling

One of the limousines in Barack Obama's fleet has broken after reports that it was mistakenly filled with the wrong fuel at the start of the US president's visit to Israel. Another limo is on its way from Jordan, according to Ma'an News agency, citing Israel's Channel 10, reportedly after a mixup over whether the vehicle ran on diesel or gasoline.

Reply to
GB

That would not be the first time someone has been confused by the terms used at the pump in a foreign country. This one is just more high-profile.

Reply to
Davey

I have just this minute discovered, on a completely different thread on another newsgroup that the 'standard' colouration of pump handles (green for unleaded, black for diesel) isn't in fact standard and that the USA uses green for diesel. I wonder what colours Israel uses and what the nationality of the person filling the car was? (I imagine the latter answer is "American" - I can't imagine the Secret Service allow anyone near "The Beast".)

Reply to
Huge