Fixed it - 64p

With regard to the Toyota Avensis 1.8 Auto Lambda sensor I mentioned below. The heater circuit in the sensor had burnt out. A new sensor is 300 quid from Toyota or take your chances on a pattern one mail order. None in the breakers: all Toyotas go to Africa ! Searching Google it looks as though this exact sensor is often a problem to source at a reasonable price.

Maplins 2.2 ohm wirewound 7 watt resistor, couple of crimps and bob's your aunty.

In case anyone is searching Google the sensor part number is 89463 20080 superceded by 89463 29065. The Maplins resistor is W2R2

Reply to
Mrcheerful

That may sort the warning light being on - but not the actual problem. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, but apparently the heater function is only there to improve warm up emissions and is only on the automatic !! MoT emissions have always been fine and I really don't think the cold start emissions are actually going to burn out the planet :)

Reply to
Mrcheerful