mk6 fester auto-wiper:how to disable?

hi there,

the wiper stalk on my 2007 model has these markings 1..6

photo:

what are they for? thx

also my rear wiper turns on when the night dew forms on car. how do i disable this? where is the sensor that needs to be kept dry? thanks

Reply to
fordi2003

more then likey for you wiper delay, you can have the delay delay longer or shorter time intervals.

Reply to
reg

how do i turn off rear intermittant wiper? i left car in the sun and its dry now but the rear wiper still wipes at intervals! thx

Reply to
fordi2003

Move the wiper stalk back towards you, as I remember.

Reply to
DervMan

Is this a serious post?

All of this will be in the handbook.

Furthermore it isn't rocket science and it worries me that anyone can be legally allowed to drive a car without understanding a wiper stalk. Virtually every car I have ever driven operates the rear wiper in the same way.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Cant argue with that.

Reply to
R D S

using some of the ideas in the constructive posts i figured it out, i must have pulled the stalk back towards me 2 positions which turned on the intermittant wiper.

to turn it off you push it away once, and then again further away to the next position.

i was confused by the numbers 1..6 on the ring. i thought the stalk moved up and down only and i had moved this ring. a stalk like mine with numbers is not shown in the user manual.

thx

Reply to
fordi2003