mondeo brake discs

hi all,could someone tell me how i would change the front discs and pad

on a 1996 ford mondeo veron

-- maso

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mason's Profile:

this thread:

mason

mason ( snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If, with the aid of the Book o' Lies, you still can't figure it out - then perhaps you ought to be going for the point'n'pay alternative.

Brakes are important.

Reply to
Adrian

Try

simondo

If they're owt like mine, have a lumphammer and an anglegrinder handy...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

With a fuckoff large hammer if mine was typical of P-reg Mondys. They were a prize pain to get off the hubs.

Apart from that the Haynes Book is spot on, there just need to add four skinned kunckles to the spanner rating.

Reply to
Chris Street

As Tony said earlier, if they don't come off after a few wallops with a hammer, its best to go straight for the angle grinder and cut them off. It makes it so much easier.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I had to beat them with the hammer until the disc broke off the mounting "bell" (the centre bit where the wheel bolts go through)then cut the "bell" in half with the angle-grinder, then finish off with a hammer and cold-chisel. Rather tiring ;) I think though, that when it's time to change 'em again, the amount of coppaslip I re-assembled them with should help matters :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)