Mondeo Rotary Light Switch

Does anyone know how to change the rotary light switch for a P reg Mondeo, (MK1)

Can I do this without having to take the whole dashboard out?

Any help appreciated..

Paul Newton

Reply to
Paul Newton

Push a coat hanger under the knob.... there is a hole in the bottom... This releases the knob..... switch simply lifts out by depressing 2 plastic clips at the sides,... changed 100's of these bastards.....were a recall on them.....btw... the switch should be brown.... if it is blue then the recall was never done !!!!

See ... easy when you know how.

JK

Reply to
JK

JK,

Thanks for your reply, not sure I fully understand what you mean though..

Do you mean LEVER off the actual knob from the front with the coathanger and then press the two levers?, or do you mean push a coathanger into a hole which will release it?

I have the new knob and I can see the two levers that you mean, funny coz my local Ford garage told me last night that I need to take the whole dashboard out, (which as your reply suggests is a load of tosh..)

Thanks...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newton

I would imagine that he means there is a hole in the under side of the knob in to which you push the end of the coathanger or other sort of wire and this will release the knob which will allow you access to the switch itself .-that is my reading of the situation . Can't you see the hole in the knob of the new switch ????? -if so try doing what he says and take the knob off the new switch. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart