MoT advisory

Hi again,

For the past couple of times I've had the Fiesta MoT'd I've had an advisory on the bushes at the top of the rear suspension struts (both sides). Some of the testers think it's a borderline fail due to worn bushes and some think it's just the way it's designed but give advisories to cover themselves.

Basically when the rear wheels are in the air the whole suspension strut moves up and down a bit before the spring compresses. It's fine when on the ground.

Can anyone say one way or the other? If it is worn bushes, is it a big job to replace them?

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

They are all like that, leave them alone, they make no difference to the handling at all.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes, the handling is fine. Guess I'll leave it then!

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

If they're knocking, change them.

Reply to
Conor

Same on the front strut bush on my dad's Audi 80, it's just the way it's designed. Gets an advisory depending on who does the Mot, the one who knows about Audi's doesn't bother but the other guy gives one out.

Reply to
Redwood