306 Estate rear suspension

I'm getting a clunking sound on rough roads from my rear nearside suspension, which I guess is either shock absorber mountings or the suspension assembly mountings.

Does anyone happen to *know* whether it is possible to replace the four suspension mounts without removing the suspension completely from the vehicle? More specifically, could I do it without disconnecting the brake hydraulics?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Peter, I suspect that a the bush has worn out on one of the suspension struts. jack up the rear and check for play in the wheels - I think you'll find one of them moves quite a bit.

Cheers, Mick.

Reply to
buxtonmick

These people did my 405 a few years back. Fortunately I was on holiday in the West Country at the time. The shocks were still fine, as were the suspension assembly mountings. Cheers ...

Reply to
Wichita

Do you mean these people

?

Reply to
Phil Cook

Thanks for that. I hope I don't need it, but if I do it seems quite reasonably priced.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Guess I missed Ctrl-V :/))))