MoT and emissions

I was just looking through the MoT handbook and the part on emissions isn't all that easy to read but it does say that if a car is fitted with another engine (of whatver make) then the emissions test carried out is to be the one for the age of the engine, not of the car.

That means I can replace my knackered 2.0 omega engine with my not-so-knackered carlton engine and and not worry too much about emissions!? ...or cats or weird valves.

Reply to
adder1969

You will have to prove to the tester the age of the engine.

Reply to
Jimmy

yeah I was wondering about that and what constitutes "an engine" I guess it would go off the engine serial number which would be on the block. I also guess that I might get told to sod off a number of times

Reply to
adder1969

Wouldn't think so. Also, if you have a "Q" plate car - no matter the age of the engine in it - it gets a visual emmisions test and nothing else.

Reply to
gazzafield

What the hell is a visual emissions test?

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Exactly what it says it is.

If you can see excessive smoke it fails.

Reply to
SteveH

Cool as chuff :)

Reply to