MOT Exemptions

again:

To be honest, the only similarities that I see is that they've both got the same wheel layout are are open topped. Apart from that, virtually nothing in common.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

On Sat, 26 May 2012 21:15:06 +0100, Tim hollered:

There doesn't look to be a great deal. I'm not sure what Mr C's is based on, but there is another one very similar to it in Wooburn Green, which is based on a reversed Robin chassis, powered by a Mini front end. It's very odd.

Mine is a 1200cc Renault 6 engine and box, though originally it was a Renault 4 unit. It has a higher final drive ratio. I have seen over 100 on the speedometer on it. It also uses the Renault front suspension and torsion bar rear end. It handles very well indeed, corners flat at high speed with very little roll and is very neutral.

Reply to
Mike P

On Sat, 26 May 2012 21:15:06 +0100, Tim hollered:

A few more pictures of mine here. These were taken over the 19 hours we drove it non-stop out to Greece..

I am the larger of the two scruffy oiks sat on the car having a brew - that was taken just outside Basel. The one parked next to the blue Mondeo is near Reims somewhere after sunrise. The one in the rain was taken as we exited the Gotthard tunnel later the same afternoon. The car only has a wiper on the drivers side.

Reply to
Mike P
[...]

(Easier link):

Chris Whelan

On Sat, 26 May 2012 21:36:29 +0000, Chris Whelan hollered:

Thanks Chris :-)

Reply to
Mike P

I only drove an R6 once but my enduring memory of it was the monumentally heavy steering. Was that a regular feature of the car or just the one I drove? How was the steering of your conversion?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

again:

Oh well, I think I can see where the builder of mine got some body design ideas from.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Eh? There was a rash of home-built and small producers of that type of

3-wheeler, since the 20s and 30s. Hardly surprising there was a similarity of looks, if design is too strong a word for most of the abortions produced.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That looks a lot of fun and a very competent build.

Reply to
newshound

I must have been unlucky not to have seen any before, the one from Mike P is the closest I have seen to my one.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

That helps. TY!

Reply to