Moving car under SORN

Do I need to notify the DVLC if a SORN car's storage location changes?

I have a car under SORN in my lockup garage and I want to move it to friend's garage.

Reply to
Andy

The DVLA haven't asked for a storage location for a few years now.

'I

Reply to
Ivan Ardon

How is it to be moved? If it is driven on the road, it will need to be taxed first.

Reply to
Howard Neil

MOT'd and insured as well. Otherwise it must be trailered. Mike..

Reply to
Mike G

I don't think so.

Should be no problem on a trailer.

Al.

Reply to
Al

And that means trailered, not towed or even A-framed.

Daft, innit. With an a-frame it's just a.n.other trailer but it doesn't get treated like one.

Reply to
PC Paul

Not so daft. Trailers over 750kg have to be braked. A car being towed with an 'A' frame would exceed this, and in effect be an unbraked trailer. Apart from that, 'A' frames and dollies can only be used legally to recover a broken down vehicle to a place of safety. Not as a means of transporting vehicles around the country. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G