My car feels much better now

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@WithThanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've got one car parked outside that has a grand instrumentation total of

Speedo Fuel gauge Charging light (which doesn't work)

Yep, that's *all*. Not even an oil pressure light. Hell, earlier ones didn't even have the fuel guage. Or the charge light.

*THAT* is true poverty-spec...
Reply to
Adrian

Heh, a while back I was talking about the spec of my current van (Y reg Seat Inca, 1 month Tax, 1 Year MOT, 80k miles, recent cambelt at main dealer, ply-lined, superb condition inside and out, for sale at £3000 ono), trying to make a list, which I couldn't! I now realise it's got quite a lot:

Speedo, Fuel gauge, Coolant Temp gauge, Radio/Cassette, Power Steering, Pump-up tyres, Steerable front wheels, See-through windows........

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I forget what my point was, oh yeah, that even though it's got nothing in terms of toys, it still does the job nicely, and the power steering is certainly handy.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "AstraVanMan" saying something like:

Hey, if it was a magnetic one, it would give him some lovely softened fuel too.

Isn't everybody?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

Austin 7?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nope. About 40 years more recent.

Reply to
Adrian

Actually it's funny you should mention that. The car seems to be getting better. The 'pinking' barely happened yesterday and if it gets much better it will be perfectly normal :-o.

I think I'm going to hold on to my Sei for a while anyway because I probably couldn't bare to part with it. When it goes though I'll probably get another new Sei :-D. I think they're going to make some new Sei's soon (according to a FIAT website).

Reply to
Peter

You don't have to read all of it, you can skip the untrimmed parts!

Reply to
Peter

In message , Peter writes

You really don't have a clue do you?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Clive George ( snipped-for-privacy@xxxx-x.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nope.

Mind you, if the level of coolant ever runs low, you've got a rather bigger problem than the engine stopping - since it's air-cooled.

Reply to
Adrian

What, not even a coolant level warning light? (although presumably if the coolant level was low, the engine would stop, as would the occupants of the car...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

No Peter, it's good manners and newsgroup etiquette to remove the already read spume. There's a good technical reason too: it reduces the size of the post, something that still makes a difference to the dial-up user and the internet at large.

Sadly, there are too many folk who cannot be arsed.

Reply to
DocDelete

I nominate Glenrothes for the NewTown League of Dystopian Drabness. Especially when it's raining.

Reply to
DocDelete

Clive George ( snipped-for-privacy@xxxx-x.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That it will.

D'oh.

Reply to
Adrian

That'll be a 'whooosh' then...

Reply to
Clive George

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

Apropos of nothing, I saw a trio of A7s chugging up the hill out of Kilkenny last week. Very small cars; frankly I think the drivers must be slightly cracked to drive across England, tour round Ireland and all the way back again in such tiny vehicles.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "DocDelete" saying something like:

Aye; it's one of those towns that look as if some architect has just tumbled out a box of houses without caring where they landed - Glenrothes and Cumbernauld both have an air of impermanence about them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find the suicide rates go up.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

uni on your day off? Either you are at a shit university doing a shit course, or you aren't at uni at all and are at "college". Given that most if not all unis are now on vacation I suspect the latter?

Reply to
Rob

Shit uni, as I mentioned before :-(. I really regret going to uni, I should've quit during the first year :-(. We've had our exams for this year and have only got lecutres for our final year project. I'm at Reading uni and it is supposed to be pretty good for my course, but it's rubbish! I'm hoping that next year's going to be better. I've got to the point now where I don't really care if I fail. When I had my exams I was did a lot of revision the day before, but some on the day itself, before my 9:00 lectures lol. Fortunately I enjoy my job though.

Reply to
Peter

What year are you in? If you've got lectures for your final year project that implies that you're in the final year, so what happens next year?

Well why the f*ck do you carry on with it?

What course are you doing anyway, and how long does it last, being part-time?

Life's too short to carry on and on and on doing something you really don't enjoy. I was at Surrey Uni, doing Music and Sound Recording (known as Tonmeister), one of the best courses of its kind in the country (and bloody hard to get in to), and had thoughts about quitting from a few months in to my first year, but didn't want to, mainly because I knew how lucky I was to get a place. I failed my first year, got through on resits, and half way through my 2nd year I still had f*ck all enthusiasm for the course, and finally made the decision not to waste any more time doing it, and that was that.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan