new clutch, cost of getting one done

hi

diesel 2.1 td

1995

suspect new clutch may be needed.

what is cost of getting one replaced these days.

see if its worth it or not

thanks

Reply to
Robin

sorry for to put renault espace

Reply to
Robin

What makes you think you need a new one. Maybe just adjustment?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

very late on takeup

squeal sometimes when engages

155k miles on clock

robin..

Reply to
Robin

Unless the pedal is very hard or its slipping, keep going !

Release bearing is what is squealing, but they're ok until you hear a very nasty noise all the time the pedal is down.

Clutches (infact most jobs) on an espace are a complete c*nt.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

This group really loves Renault. I wonder why.

Probably because most people here know more about cars than just looking at their rear end...

Reply to
PC Paul

thanks Tim

will keep going.

i remeber changing the fan balast resistor, yes it was a c**t

Reply to
Robin

I wonder why too, and I drive one.

Once I grew used to the rear end on my Megane, I realised that I only really admired its economy! (55 to 60mpg)

I'm still looking for a 'remarkable' car to love, and still the idea of importing a Lancia Lybra Emblema or Thesis Emblema hasn't gone.....

Adam

Reply to
Adam H