Selling car with knackered head (timing belt snapped)

Any idea how much less I'd get for a car which needs a new cylinder head? (i.e. timng belt snapped)....

Reply to
paulfoel

I assume this is your Megane Scenic? Parkers value one in poor condition for a private sale at £1550. And I would say yours was in a poor condition! Wipe off anopther grand and you have £550. You would maybe get that (possibly a little more with the right person) if you stuck it on EBay.

Reply to
gazzafield

paulfoel ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Take the likely repair bill off the value, and you're about right.

Reply to
Adrian

Likely repair I'd have to pay (=A31600) or bill for someone to do themselves....

Reply to
paulfoel

paulfoel ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And the car was worth a grand and a half before it went ping...

fleaBay, start it at a quid, sit back and wait.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm off to buy a Pakers guide shortly to see how much its worth...

I am thinking ebay may be an option....

Reply to
paulfoel

I'm off to buy a Pakers guide shortly to see how much its worth...

I am thinking ebay may be an option....

You think I lie? (Where's a smiley with a raised eyebrow when you need it).

gazzafield

paulfoel ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's on the web, mate.

Alternatively, IIRC the Vauxhall website will give you a Glass's price.

Reply to
Adrian

Thx. I see you have to pay for the mileage adjustment figures though...

Reply to
paulfoel

Like the Glass' one on the vauxhall website....

Looks like about =A32000 its worth then.

Reply to
paulfoel

In article , paulfoel writes

It's worth what someone will pay for it. And given it's a Renault with an autobox...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

If the auto works should be valuable as spares given the rarity of that...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)