Micra

Neighbour has a k-plate nissan micra 1000cc problem with it is it wont idle,let your foot of the accelarator and she dies,also noticed a muli-plug disconnected that has two wires that go to the top of the carb,any ideas what thats for? Have re-connected it but no differance,it also has a auto-choke on it but starts fine in a morning just wont idle when warm any ideas. But neighbour told me that she allways needs to keep her foot on the accelarator when coming to a junction otherwise it dies and also using a lot of petrol.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Simondo

That's the clue. Running so rich it will start from cold but not run when hot. I'll bet it starts 'hunting' and kicks out clouds of black petrol smelling smoke. Needs the auto choke sorting. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Reply to
Simondo