noise under the car !!!

Just fitted a new control arm, and have two new brake pipes fitted, and since i have had this done have been gettting a banging nose under the car some times when you brake the some times when you let the brake off.

Have check all the control arm and the pads etc and all seams ok, but some body said to me that it could be my new pipes banging on the boottom of the car when brakeing etc, is this a possible and how do i find out were it is and what can i do to stop it !!

Reply to
gman1958

To what?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Pipes should be clipped securely- check they are. Listen under the car while someone "pumps" the brakes to find loose runs.

Also, check the wheel nuts are tight- garages don't always remember to do them up.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

The car, duh ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Oh yeah, silly me!

I forgot all cars are the same. :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

just to let you know it was a ford probe

Reply to
gman1958

Seconded. Loose wheel nuts can make 'orrible noises.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot