Not Starting

Hi any ideas, I have just fit a new head gasket on my 1.7d isuzu engine, as it over heated on me, i got the head skimmed and checked but since putting it all back together it wont start i have made sure diesel is getting through and that it has got heat at the glow plugs, i have timed it up and double checked that it is on its marks, i have gone through everything i can see , but must be missing something, is it worth towing it? could it just be that it is stubborn. Cheers Keith.

Reply to
keith

I was under the impression that the pump and cam are locked by bolts when timing this engine, rather than any marks (except the crank) and that checking after turning two turns is also by setting the crank mark and re-inserting the bolts.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Hi, yes your right there is 2 bolts which lock it off, which i done and double checked after the 2 turns, so i know i have the timing right, i'm so puzzled at why this wont start ???????

Reply to
keith

When you said you'd checked for diesel did you mean at the injectors?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

assuming it sounds right (compression wise) then give it a quick spray of easy start or wd40, if it fires and then stops then you know there is a fuel problem.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Good idea. I had a fault with the solenoid immobiliser and found out through processes of elimination by squirting easy start to fire it up. Had to drill out the security bolts to get to solenoid to bypass the immobiliser.

Reply to
Redwood

there is some immobiliser fault whereby you take the outer cover off and clean the contacts or resolder them or something like that, so someone was telling me.

Reply to
Mrcheerful