Numberplate transfers

We've just bought a motorhome from a dealer but can't collect as the V5 is with the DVLA to transfer a personalised numberplate off of the van.

Has anyone any idea about how long this might take? Had hoped to get the van by the end of next week.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I bought my current BMW used from a main dealer and got them to transfer the number from my 'old' car which I traded in. Did the deal on a Friday and picked up the 'new' car the next Tuesday. But there is a DVLA office in the area - I dunno if they went there or did it by post. I suspect the former.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All the local offices are now closed.

When I bought the Porsche, it took 2 weeks to get the newly bought 'ageless' plate transferred to it.

Reply to
SteveH