V5 Slip

Is it ok to sell a car using that little slip off the bottom of a V5, or do I need to change the car into my name

Reply to
Neil

If you have that slip, it should be in your name as the last owner should have sent it off.

Unless you have only had the car for a very short period (like less than

6 weeks) you should have had the V5 through from the DVLA by now.

Might be worth contacting them.

The V5/2 is only really useful for taxing the car in the first couple of months after purchase, unless someone is willing to take a chance, a car without a V5 and just with the V5/2 green slip with your details on, is almost worthless.

I would phone the DVLA and speak to someone, giving the car details and when you bought it, to see if there is any delay in the transfer of keeper on the docs.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo