OIL LOW LIGHT ON CELICA 2.0GT 1998 MODEL

ford_technical_ ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, not you personally.

For all I know you are a "skilled and experienced motor technician", but that would place you in a minority in franchised dealers.

No comment on my other post giving my reasons for deriding dealers, then?

Reply to
Adrian

Its the "oil level low" for sure, I never mention the pressure light at all, only the ford chap did in his reply.

Reply to
ToyotaMan

Hence why I want it fixed while its under warranty!!!

Reply to
ToyotaMan

Who exactly are you replying to?

At the end of the day I'm not bringing the car in to test your level of education - I'm bringing it in to be fixed, and thats the only thing that matters.

Reply to
ToyotaMan

Adrian ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, and I've just had a phone call from a builder who was coming round this morning to give us a quote. He's going to be late, because he picked his newish Mazda up from the dealer - where it's been for the last three weeks

- on Wednesday, only for it to be gutted by an electrical fire yesterday.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not an electrical fire, a fuel fire.

On a two year old RX8 (now available in charcoal) that's less than 36 hours after returning from having a new engine fitted. Oops.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "ToyotaMan" contains these words:

The only reason I ask is that we've had people here before saying that the "Oil low" light is on meaning the oil pressure light - and of course not all cars even had an oil level light.

Reply to
Guy King

Clearly not as busy as your Toyota garage.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I'd forgive him for assuming that's what you meant. The amount of wankers that assume the "oil pressure light" means "oil low" is unreal. While low oil would indeed cause a low oil pressure, alot of engines will have chewed themselves before the level got so low as to bring on the light.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Right OK thanks for mentioning that!

I looked in the book the oil pressure is a red warning light, the oil low warning is orange, and has a wavy line underneath the oil picture - so its deffo oil low warning.

Cheers

Reply to
ToyotaMan

First error in 3 Celica's over a decade or so, I'd say that was OK - and I don't do much Sunday driving either.

Reply to
ToyotaMan

Thats fair enough, at the moment its on full - and the light came on only once today for about 2 seconds on a very short journey.

Reply to
ToyotaMan

Not in Shropshire was it?

Reply to
prodigyofcabbage

M@ ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, Herts.

Reply to
Adrian

DOH !! Talk about statement of the bloody obvious. Is this as deep as so called "technicans" can think. I wouldn't trust them to top up my windscreen wash. bucket

Reply to
Bucket

90 minutes after dropping the car off this morning, they call to tell me its the sensor thats broken (no big surprise there) £484.50 to replace.

Its being down under warranty on Friday.

First fault ever on a Celica for me, and I've had 3 over more than 10 years and they are always driven hard - I suppose thats not bad...

Reply to
ToyotaMan

The oil level light on celicas is a well known fault on 3s GE/GTE engines. It is *assumed* to be non-working by most of the GT4 owners i know of as its so prone to failure. With that said, none of them actually repair/replace it - they just jumper it with out and check their oil the normal way. Saves serious wonga, time and effort. J

Reply to
Coyoteboy

HOW MUCH?

Phew!

--=20 Conor

"I have as much authority as the pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it" - George Carlin

Reply to
Conor

Cheers, its under warranty otherwise I would have had to think about it carefully.

Reply to
ToyotaMan

HOW MUCH?

Phew!

If anyone is bothered, it was fixed under warranty, and all is well now.

The cheeky sods tried to charge me another oil change, as the warranty people wouldn't cover that additional cost.

I went mad in the dealership and said they should cover that cost and they backed down after I pointed out they couldn't find the fault a few days ago when it was serviced. They weren't going to budge an inch, and even after I took in a stack of pictures showing the fault, they still say nothing was wrong with the car.

I'm not sure why but for whatever reason they didn't want to do the work.

It won't put me off another Toyota (it has put me off this particular main dealership) as I still think they are great cars.

Reply to
ToyotaMan