Oil used by Rapid Fit

Anyone know what oil+grade Rapid Fit use? My local place (Croydon) use Magnatec but not sure of the grade.

Jim

Reply to
m0bov

I had an oil change there just yesterday. Its listed as 5w30, and the manager told me it was castrol synthetic. £29.95.

Reply to
TTT

How much? - National Tyres do the same for a tenner.

Reply to
SteveH

£15 for synth...
Reply to
Tony Bond

Ahhh, good point.

How many engines actually _need_ fully synth? - Can't think of anything this side of a Cosworth / Scooby / Evo that would _need_ it, even my bike engine isn't specified for fully synth.

Reply to
SteveH

ford technical (issued in a bulletin sent to all ford registered garages) have published that a 10/40 oil can be used as an alternative to

5/30...................but after a word with ford warrantys i have been told that if the recommended oil is not used then all warrantys will be void.

put that in your pipe and smoke it...............

Reply to
coistie