Omega 2.5v6 MOT fail

John Williamson gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Sorry, you seem to be under the misapprehension that most drivers actually bother to check their tyre's tread. They don't. Most wouldn't even notice their complete absence until they tried to drive away.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

(and I'm not even convinced many would notice then)

Reply to
Adrian

Sometime in the mid to late 90's on a relatively quiet estate road I came across a Vehicle Inspectorate (pre VOSA) trial setup for a drive through emissions test that fired a laser across the road. I saw plod were in attendance and I wasn't immediately sure what it was but it looked a bit strange. I remembered I had a slightly blow on my exhaust so I killed the ignition and coasted by. As I did so I noticed they had a display board saying what they were up to.

I probably had the lowest emissions of any vehicle they had tried to test and possibly buggered up their research for a short while :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Having MOT'd competition vehicles with no rear seats, nor space for seats because of the roll cage, nor space for rear seat passengers, but with the original rear seat belt mountings clearly in place I found the vehicle didn't fail on the lack of rear seat belts. Having said that it still passed with lever release 6 point harnesses in the front which I had been led to believe was a fail (or maybe that is just for the SVA?)

Reply to
The Other Mike

If they'd realised what you'd done I'm pretty sure they could have prosecuted you for that!

Reply to
Tony Houghton

years ago (40 plus) my mother was stopped for something and the policeman wanted to test the handbrake, he asked my mother to pull the handbrake on (umbrella type on a Zephyr 6) she did, and knowing that the handbrake was not very good she put her foot on the footbrake. The policeman duly pushed at the car and declared the handbrake fine. Not too bright that one.

Reply to
Mrcheerful