Chain or belt ?

Hi Can anyone tell me what's is fitted to the 1.2 16v corsa club please. reg yr 2000 Do they have a timing chain or cam belt??.

Many thanks

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

z12xe engine is chain

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hi Many thanks for that. the car has a 1.2 ecotec engine fitted ,I presume your reply is the same ?.

Sorry if I don't reply quickly,I'm not seeing my own post this end. thank you

Barry. If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

I looked up the model and year you mention, the autodata says the engine model number. Have a look for your number to triple check, it is on the front edge of the engine where it meets the gearbox (usually)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

All are chains for that period.