One for Mr Cheerful- Update

You may recall, I asked about emission checks on hybrids and you suggested that by turning on 'everything electric' you could force the
petrol engine to start.
Having tried this with the batteries both fully and about 1/4 charged on our Outlander, it doesn't cause the engine to start. (All lights on, heater (not fun at the moment!), radio, etc.)
You can force the engine to start if the batteries are 'low' (I'm not sure how low yet) if you press the 'charge' button- not a function I normally use. I tried it a few times, more to see it working but it doesn't seem an efficient way to drive- although I've not done any tests.
There isn't a button for the electric brake, there is a P button and a Hold button but I don't fancy trying those while driving ;-)
When I (eventually) need an MOT (2 1/2 years approx), I will ensure the batteries aren't fully charged and explain to the tester. I use a local place for my MOTs and so know the tester. At worst, I have a service contract on the vehicle and get the MOT done when the service is done. I assume the dealer does MOTs and knows the process.