Origin PogoAlert with Windows 7

A mate has an Origin PogoAlert, the model shown here:

... and described as the 2009 revised version.

It worked with Windows XP.

Mate now has Windows 7 Professional. Plug it into that, nothing happens.

Is it known whether this device will work with Windows 7? Manufacturer's website is not very helpful ...

Reply to
Graham J

Did it come with an installable program on CD? Is it that that won't install? W7 is pretty good at letting you install XP stuff.

I can't browse the web site you liked to; it locks Firefox up...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

No, it didn't come with a CD.

But with XP the device supplied drivers and installed itself, from what my mate says (bearing in mind that this was a couple of years ago at least).

Curious, the link I gave was obtained using Firefox (version 19.0.2 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit)

Anyway, try googling for:

origin pogoalert windows 7 drivers

Here is is the second link down.

Reply to
Graham J

(On Linux here; any attempt to access any page on the Pogo site locks Firefox up, and it won't restart without killing it from the terminal!)

Looking at second hand units on eBay, they all come with a software CD. I don't see how you would be able to use the unit without that software installed. Is it possible your mate has forgotten?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

That's worth knowing, thanks ...