OT Fixed penalty on a foreign licence

capitulation

yes obviously. you two pricks are fun to play with!

Reply to
AndrewG

agreed, I don't blindly follow them either it is just we disagree about speeding

Reply to
AndrewG

which part? that it is unlawful or on the websites? yes of course it can be done unlawfully it is being clamped down on. The foreign plated that come to the notice of the police are slowly being added to the database of locate/trace markers.

Reply to
AndrewG

You can't even get that right, I'm the prick remember, He's the jerk, There is still wanker free if you want that for yourself.

Reply to
NM

Im not arguing about the rules you have read I'm just saying they are so full of holes you could drive right through them, as many have and continue to do.

Reply to
NM

You obviously haven't noticed this is crossposted. Don't worry, I recognise you from elsewhere.

You flatter yourself fatboy.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , NM writes

Oh you are back then? Run out of arguments have I? You never responded to my request for proof of the unsubstantiated claims you made earlier did you?

What abuse are you referring to then? I've just dished some out a minute ago in another reply but when you wrote the above reply I had been entirely civil.

4/10 must try harder.
Reply to
Paul Giverin

no I think you got that covered LOL

Reply to
AndrewG

urrr no just that they haven't been caught yet but they will eventually. what holes are they then?

Reply to
AndrewG

Of course I noticed , it's why I asked...

I wasn't referring to you, you're far to limited to offer any real sport.

Reply to
marc

Seperating children from their parents and putting them into care, just because their parents are asylum seekers, and have failed their application for asylum as an incentive to get them to leave?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I gave what I consider to be acceptable proof, not my fault if you can't/won't take it on board.

I'm glad you recognise your shortcomings.

Reply to
NM

To get caught you have to break a law, if the law does not yet exist then no offence is committed, that's how early hippies managed to but LSD it hadn't yet been made illegal.

The ones I and others make use of and will continue to do so as long as the EU harmonisation rules will allow, judging by their piss poor performance so far it will be a long time yet.

Reply to
NM

No no ...

LSDs aren't illegal, they just tended to get replaced by traction control in some vehicles. :)

Reply to
Paul Smith

What *you* consider acceptable proof?

Your observations are not acceptable proof. Come back again when you do have it.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

If you are a danger to others in traffic, you shall not drive. Simple as that. The quality of public transport has nothing to do with it.

If you are a dangers to others, you have nothing to do on the roads.

Many old people don't like to admit they can't see well enough to drive. Or they don't want to admit that the heart attack they had impacts their ability to drive safely afterwards. Some don't want to admit it because it's impractical for them transportation-wise, others because it hurts their pride or because they don't realize the seriousness of their medical condition. It's best then to let the doctor decide once a year.

[)ag (/)ien
Reply to
Dag ?ien

It is you who has trouble comprehending. NM presented an argument about how the limits are antiquated in relation to the technology, how they're arbitrarily set by people who have nothing to do with safety etc.

All you could respond with was "It's the law". And you dimissed the rest of his argument saying "Your first four words render the rest of your argument irrelevant."

To me that sounds like a man who's run out of arguments.

Now kindly crawl under your bridge.

Reply to
Vartan Narinian

Please have the decency of quoting accurately and in context. He said that he didn't keep to the speed limits because "it was no fun". That's why the rest of his argument was just an attempt to morally justify his actions.

To me that sounds like a man who doesn't like to be challenged. Does everyone who disagrees with you get labelled a troll?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

in local councils who probably don't

pedestrian technology hasnt moved on much

car hits pedestrian, pedestrian comes of just about as bad as he did after being hit at a similar speed in the 50s[1]

[1] but may live longer now because of better medical facilities now!
Reply to
Tom Burton

Don't hold your breath.

Reply to