OT: "leave more time for the bike" advertisements

Of course, 'slowly moving' is a relative term...

Reply to
PC Paul

A different thing doesn't necessarily mean a good thing.

You're thinking of the Normans. They didn't come from Paris.

Reply to
Art Deco

Ok we admit would confuse you.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Nope, they came from France, it's a bit late to get upset about it though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In English, please?

Reply to
Art Deco

At least they didn't bring these kilometre thingies with them.

Reply to
Art Deco

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Did I say they did?

Reply to
Adrian

My Highway Code's in the car. Are you suggesting there is no such rule?

Reply to
Art Deco

That's where the metric measurements came from. The inference was obvious.

Reply to
Art Deco

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Paris is part of "what is now France", as is Normandy.

Reply to
Adrian

So how many Normans came from what is now Paris?

Reply to
Art Deco

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How many Sicilians come from Rome? How many Geordies come from Newcastle?

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

D'oh!

I did - of course - mean "How many Geordies come from London?"

Reply to
Adrian

None.

All of them.

Reply to
Art Deco

Ah, then the answer is "none".

Reply to
Art Deco

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Art Deco saying something like:

Go and have a look.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Can't be arsed. Haven't one of you bastards got one at hand?

Reply to
Art Deco

The message from Art Deco contains these words:

Rule 139. Doesn't actually say you mustn't.

Reply to
Guy King

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

The situation is really up to the discretion of the driver/rider. If you go hammering past on the left/inside the plod will take a dim view of it and might make a DD stick. Otoh, moderately filtering/playing catchup in the left lane won't attract attention at all.

Cars aren't very good at filtering though, as some have found out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, ffs.