OT: "leave more time for the bike" advertisements

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You say that like it's a bad thing...?

Paris is closer than Rome.

Reply to
Adrian

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I have nothing against miles. But I don't feel the need to change the speedo that the vehicles have had since new for no real benefit.

Perhaps, although I'm sure you have a citation handy? Anyway - Was it being referred to in a "road sign" context? No.

Reply to
Adrian

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'm fairly sure that these aren't HGVs. GVs, yes, but definitely not very H.

Reply to
Adrian

And a few of those, and the road gets a Gatso.

Also (local experience) if some bloke chucks himself in front of several vehicles until one kills him that counts too.

Makes it a dangerous road so it gets a 30mph limit (from NSL) and a camera...

Reply to
PC Paul

Is that because the UK is incapable of manufacturing something so sophisticated?

Where? The only one I've seen is the M20 slip road for the Channel Tunnel.

Reply to
Art Deco

So what goes on the MOT - the mileage (or should that be kilometrage) in kms?

I'm sure I could find one if I looked.

What other use is it?

Reply to
Art Deco

What does that sound like?

It'd confuse everybody.

Reply to
Art Deco

A 'different' thing.

Paris never successfully invaded.

Reply to
Art Deco

Take one kilometre and multiply it by 5/8. You'll get 25/64 mile.

Reply to
Art Deco

When there was a Kienzle factory here they where still in Km/H. Tachos aren't very sophisticated.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Kienzle? A good English name, that!

Reply to
Art Deco

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yup.

Reply to
Adrian

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Art Deco saying something like:

Point me to the rule about overtaking on the left.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Do you mean the rule about NOT overtaking on the left, except in slowly moving traffic?

Reply to
Art Deco

Nah...it's just that lorry drivers have a superior intellect so can easily convert KPH to MPH on the fly.

:-p

Forgotten what motorway it was on but it was where there were two exit sliproads very close together.

Reply to
Conor

Please don't tell me that you don't know mathematics is a language? In fact it is classed as a universal language.

Not if the unit used was indicated.

Reply to
Conor

Art Deco (art_deco@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Right. So it's a good thing. The same-old-same-old does get very boring.

I think you'll find that this country has been succesfully invaded by residents of what is now France far more recently than by residents of what is now Italy.

Reply to
Adrian

So what does it sound like?

So if every motorway used a different unit, there'd be no confusion as long as the unit was indicated?

Reply to
Art Deco

Lorry drivers are thick by definition. Why else would they drive lorries?

Reply to
Art Deco

Yes, that one.

Reply to