OT: "leave more time for the bike" advertisements

What about this bit?

You should: only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so

Reply to
Art Deco

The message from Art Deco contains these words:

Yup, like I said, it doesn't actually say you mustn't. In the context of the Highway Code "Should not" is not the same thing as "Must not".

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Adrian writes

I've got a button on mine which toggles the speed and distance display units between km and miles. Apparently.

Might be fun to change to km/h and see how much the big numbers scare the rear seat passengers.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Adrian writes

So every time some kiddy puts a carrot out for Rudolph on Christmas eve... ?

No wonder the figures are so high.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve Walker ( snipped-for-privacy@otolith.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

One of mine with a KPH speedo has a button on the dash. Actually, thinking about it, it's got a button and *two* twisty switches. And a big red light. Which doesn't do what it should.

Reply to
Adrian

Like sending coals to the Elephant and Castle.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

That's for a road

the one for motorways.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

242: Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

Ooh. That last sentence might be a bit restrictive ;-)

I didn't do that in lane 2a for 140 miles on the M1, oh no, not mesiree.

Oh, and to the pair of CBR6 and R6 riders. You can't ride for toffee.

HTH

P.

Reply to
zymurgy

"242: Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake."

I didn't Ossifer. I moved left to *UNDER*take.

Think it would work?

No. Nor me.

As for the last sentence, can't a bike just stay between the lanes instead of in and out of them?

Reply to
PC Paul

Moving in and out of the lanes seems 'more correct' as i'm really 'overtaking slower moving traffic where safe to do so'.

Staying in lane 2a at speed would just be lane splitting, and would be classed as DD.

Some useful comments in here.

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to