OT: Vehicle data search

Has the RAC free online Vehicle data search ended? Once registered you could enter a car reg number and it told you the make / model / colour and how many owners it has had and also the date of last change of keeper. I've not been able to access it for a while and it says "the My Car service will end on 31 August. Please retrieve any information before this date."

Anyone know of any other sites that gives the same info for free?

Reply to
Mark

It works ok for me. I don't know what the My Car thing is that they're on about; hopefully it's not actually the data check facility.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "one shed" Toadfoot

Can you actually get to the page to enter vehicle registration number? I can logon using my email address & password (which it accepts ok). I then get to the Vehicle Data Search link but each time I press the link it takes me straight back to the login screen again!

Reply to
Mark

The message from "Mungo \"one shed\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

You got a URL for that? I can't find anything like in on the RAC site.

Reply to
Guy King

The my car service is the database to remind you about tax, mot etc.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I just go to the page below, wot is in my Faves, log in, and there it is on the next page. I can't give you the URL of the actual page, Guy, coz it won't work.

Or...log in at the homepage, click My RAC, and there it be (only just tried that :o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "one shed" Toadfoot

The message from "Mungo \"one shed\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

Ah, I've just re-read and noticed it's a login thing. Sod that, I CBA.

Reply to
Guy King

words:

Finally got it sorted. Must have been a dodgy cookie as soon as I deleted all stored cookies it started to work. It's a handy website especially for anyone looking at buying a car from eBay which shows a pic of the reg plate. Often sellers don't give all the vehicle details (exact model and year etc) and knowing the number of owners and last change of keeper is also useful.

Reply to
Mark