Paging Andy Hewitt

Your verdict please, sir:

Looks like a first generation CRX to me in extremely clean condition...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Looks clean, but look at it a bit more closely.

It looks, to me, as though it's had a fairly recent 'blowover' to hide some cheaply repaired rot....

I'd want to crawl all over it with a magnet before parting with any cash, 'cos those things rot quicker than a similarly aged Alfa ;-)

Sweet little cars, though, *if* you can find a good one.

Reply to
SteveH

Not noticed a post from him on here for some time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I probably need some new glasses 'cos I can't see that. Gissa hint.

I know, which is why I find this in rather impressive condition. Trouble is that it's in Brum, which is just too far to go to check out a car in that price range.

I know. I could do with something a lot more sensible but I feel an urge to bid on this one.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Now you mentioned it, neither have I.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Couple of bubbles on an arch and around the door lock.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

If its the same one there's a Andy Hewitt over on uk.comp.sys.mac.

Dave

Reply to
gort

He was posting on uk.rec.photo.misc last week

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yep, those he mentioned in the ad, actually.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

There's at least one other Andy Hewitt around - including one working in my field.

I've got one post from 'our' Andy locked, but the website in his sig no longer works. So he's probably changed ISP.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Aye, he does.

It also sounds like he's bought it to sell on without really knowing it's history.

The area around the door lock looks like the recent respray has lifted away from the original paint.

I could be well off the mark here, but, it just doesn't look *right* for a 20 year old CRX. The paint is too 'plasticote' and shiny. I'm sure they didn't look like that when they were launched (I went to the dealer launch of that shape Civic with my dad, who bought the Shuttle version)

Reply to
SteveH

This one is definitely the one who used to post here. We went a bit OT in u.r.p.m about our past arguments over the merits of the Mondeo.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

That would be himself. If it's not a Honda...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)