Peugeot 106 XT

Just been to look at this, 1993, 1124cc, very clean, FSH, 78K, mainly for the daughter, but seems insurance is Group 5. Anyone know reason for this, I was expecting group 3 at most? I didnt think the

1124cc engine was uprated at all. Makes difference for first time insurance, but I reckon I'll still buy it.
Reply to
4square
4square gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

A search of ABI's group database shows some 1124cc 106s to be Group 5, others 3 or 4. The older cars seem to be the higher group, presumably due to structural changes meaning lower repair costs.

Don't forget, though, that a 106 or Saxo will inevitably be high insurance for a young driver, precisely because they're popular amongst young drivers (especially chavs & modifiers) so have a large number of young-driver-related claims.

Reply to
Adrian

Hi Don't forget also the astronomical parts prices for french cars,this also puts up the insurance grouping

Reply to
Mark Smith