Peugeot Radio

Hi My friends son has a N reg Peugeot 106 and for christmas got a radio/cd unit, the problem is we can't see a way of getting the factory fitted radio out of the dash so I am hoping that one of you knowledgeable people have got the answer. Regards Trevor smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

It's a couple of months since I've been in a 106..... so can't remember which method of removal it uses.....

It's either remove trim from around unit and unscrew it. (this works in most Jap cars, too)

or

you need 2 bits of bent coathanger to push into the holes each side. This sometimes removes radios, but it may also be bolted in at the back, so you'd have to unbolt that first before using the coathanger wire.

Reply to
SteveH

Though if is this method, I'd highly recommend splashing out £4 at Halfrauds and getting the "proper" tools to do it - basically two bits of bent wire, but they're exactly the right size, and a damn sight easier than messing around with bent coathanger wire, or thin screwdrivers or anything else that might do the trick.

This comes with the added bonus that if you don't lose them, you'll be able to help friends and relatives out with changing car stereos for the rest of your life, thus giving that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Not £4.00, but £1.50 (or £1.25?) from my friendly local car-bits shop. Blister-packed by "JPF, item no. 490.

Reply to
DB.

£6 in my halfrauds
Reply to
Michael

Always came free with radios I'd bought.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I have got remover tools but there are no holes on this radio, it appears that you have to remove the hole facia to get at it but i can't see how to get this off. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Bleeding Hell, £4 !!!, you can get them cheaper than that.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Trevor Smith" saying something like:

Stop a passing kid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If is anything like my M reg 405 with the factory fit Clarion radio/cassette player, you just pull off the bezel to reveal the holes for the much mentioned extraction tools.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin