Peugeot radio problem

M reg pug 405 diesel. When I turn the ignition of it loses its security code & I have to put it in again. Also it loses the radio channel setting if switched off for a couple of minutes or more. Fixable?

Reply to
Bill H

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Bill H decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It's lost its permanant live. Easy peasy to fix, or would be if I could see behind your radio.

Reply to
Pete M

Is it the original radio?. Some PSA cars have the memory and ACC power supplies reversed from the standard.

John

Reply to
John

I had an original radio cassette in my 205 Diesel with similar sypmtoms. Turns out that there wasn't enough chuff in the battery when cranking from cold, the radio would assume that it had been disconnected and ask for the code for security reasons. Can't remember if it forgot the presets.

New battery cured it. Just a thought. Its probably not your problem if you're not cranking the engine between switching the radio off and on.

See other replies for other solutions.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne