405 Clutch

I may have a problem with my 405 GLX TD clutch.

Despite having covered 142,000 mostly motorway miles, the clutch is fine. It doesn't slip and although it bites fairly high (as can be expected) all is well.

Unfortunately, every now and again when depressing the pedal it suddenly snaps down an extra inch or so with a clicky-clunky sort of noise which can be felt through the foot. If the pedal is brought up and depressed again everything is fine. It feels like a problem with the linkage to the pedal.

Any ideas?

KW

Reply to
Bilbo Baggins

Anthony G Walker

I think it's the earlier model which had the plastic bit on the pedal. A friend of mine got though 2 or 3 in his.

Mine is a '95 model. The clutch pedal is fine and doesn't seem to require any more effort than when I first bought it 6 years ago.

Reply to
Bilbo Baggins

mine did this,there is an adjuster clipped to the steering rack(not that you can adjust it though)i replaced the cable and it cured it.

95, hunter model,but I think all the cables are the same.

Gary

Reply to
Grrr