Pimping your own ride?

Alistair J Murray ( snipped-for-privacy@fluffy.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

PLEASE do NOT use TinyURL for eBay ids - use SnipURL.com or one of the others. TinyURL redirect it through a shitload of affiliate/tracker cookie websites on the way.

Reply to
Adrian

Paul Rooney ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So they shouldn't be running a car.

Because you can't afford to. What if that unexpected bill is for brakes?

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
dojj

Wtf not?

They can - they *are* affording to.

Then they won't be able to carry on running it. Why does this mean they shouldn't be running a car? By your logic we shouldn't have anything we couldn't afford an expensive repair for.

Reply to
Paul Rooney

So we thought we'd get you a nice 7er within budget...

We like V8s these parts. :)

Alistair J Murray

Oh.

They always seemed to be fairly direct to me...

I'll give SnipURL a go tho'. :)

Alistair J Murray

Mine does. But I want a big red rising sun on the roof.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Paul Rooney ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

More likely they WILL carry on running it, but without maintaining it to a proper standard.

Reply to
Adrian

Aye, an Audi would be my first choice too. Although, a new M5 would be right up there with it ! I've got no interest in Mercs, and even less for Jags :)

Reply to
Nom

Gadzooks man, *never* recommend a Corsa !

Tell him to get a Yaris instead, because they're actually good.

Reply to
Nom

This is just speculation. There's no reason whatever why relatively poor people shouldn't run a car.

Reply to
Paul Rooney

You've at least got some sort of backup. It just frustrates me when someone says they can't afford a repair on their car, when it's a couple of hundred quid. Fair enough, we all have limited resources, but we also all have a brain, that should be able to work out how far those limited resources will go. Do these people expect a car *never* to go wrong? That's the gamble you take buying a used car without a decent warranty.

A while back a woman at work, who had a Vectra, asked if I knew any decent mechanics. Asked what the job was, as a fair few relatively basic jobs I can competently do myself. She said it needed 2 new rear wheel bearings, and she'd been quoted £150. I said that it sounded like a pretty good price. "Well it's a lot of money to me".

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Agent doesn't. It's the posting news client.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

"Waste" ???

Reply to
Questions

I think my point is that I'm sick of hearing people whinge about servicing costs of cars/vans, when they clearly didn't bother to find out the whole picture of running costs to start with.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What's that got to do with its colour though? I think we ought to know.

Reply to
Malc

It's related to the colour of the car via "replying to the wrong post like a complete muppet" syndrome.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Won't it get a bit hot?

Reply to