Pimping your own ride?

Only on weekends.

Reply to
DervMan

I don't like Kermy being referred to as a "she," either.

Reply to
DervMan

Lets chuck this in.

My lorry weighs 44 tonnes and is powered by an 11 litre turbo diesel engine. It returns ~ 9 MPG.

So using your argument, considering the Corolla is only 1/44th of the weight and has only 1/8 of the engine capacity, the Corolla should be doing over 3100 MPG if I get 9MPG out of the truck..

Reply to
Conor

Ya, visit

for three minutes for a picture.

Reply to
DervMan

I'm truly disappointed - I thought it was going to get squished at the end. Now a green new Micra would look very much like Kermit!

Reply to
Paul Rooney

Paul Rooney ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Week and a half ago, we were heading up to Scotland on the A1, and saw three Micra coupe/convertibles - trade plates, Karmann badges on the side, full Nissan badging, LHD.

Phwoar.

Never thought I'd say this, but those were DAMN nice Micras.

Reply to
Adrian

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Told you that Corollas were s**te.

Reply to
Adrian

I dunno.

Seems to me, that brand new cars that cost a load and a bit more, cost nothing much for the repairs in the first few years.

Whereas, the old bangers, cost nothing much to buy, and when some MoT inspector says "That'll be 3,000 quid for the welding, squire, credit card is fine" the car is instantly junked.

Point being, you don't have to budget for the possible repair costs because you don't have to pay them, you chuck it away* and buy another banger - that being the essential point of them.

(* ideally to someone who will lovingly restore it for three times the original cost as a collector's car, but that's optional. But I've done that once or twice.)

Reply to
Questions

Don't you think you're being environmentally irresponsible to even consider using the truck for the same things you'd use the Corolla for?

Reply to
DervMan

Not when it rains. I've been inspired by old british racing green minis with the union jack on the roof.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Does she have the lesbian operation. Strapadicktome. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Can't. Won't fit in Tesco car parks or under the height barriers at McDonalds Drive Thrus.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Odd. I see artics in Tesco car parks fairly regularly.

You say that like it's a bad thing...?

Reply to
Adrian

Is UKRCM modifications, or maintenance? Is there a modding 'scene' for the ti?

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

Andy Turner ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or Misc Or MG

Reply to
Adrian

either or and yes

Reply to
dojj

All groups really - they tend to share the same posters to a large degree - but mainly mods I suppose.

Not really, it's just that a seriously large proportion of posters here have had one, compared with a lot of other cars.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well....

Reply to
Conor

Well I had one, a few years ago. Had a lot of fun with it. What sort of power do people get out of them? Is this by chipping or something else?

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

Don't know to be honest - wouldn't have said there was a particularly strong modding "scene" with the 620ti - just a fair few mods regulars have owned one at one point. Suppose there's the option of chipping, or nitrous, or all sorts, but I'd guess not many people bother, on the basis that the gearbox would break soon after, followed by the head gasket, so they leave well alone :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan