Pimping your own ride?

MEGA power if you've got a deep enough wallet, and are stupid enough to spend it on your TI, instead of a faster car :)

- that black one in the middle made 400bhp+ or something. Engine was done by the guy who made this Maestro
which regularly annihilates *all* the other FWD cars in the UK, on the dragstrip.

Small gains are had with

which replaces the factory boost controller. Torque is raised from 240Nm upto 280Nm or so. Power is raised by a bit, maybe 20bhp or so. Bigger power needs engine work.

Reply to
Nom

Mine doesn't leak - someone who knows what they're looking at, looked at it the other day and identified it's had the modded gasket fitted at some stage in the past.

Oh... and , it's still for sale - I'll take £395 no offers... even with it's problems, that has to be the cheapest R plate 620Ti you'll find, that still moves under its own steam. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

At all ? I've never seen a TI without a little oil dribbling down the block.

'97 onwards, all have the Klinger gasket as standard. It doesn't stop the leak - it just stops the leak growing. But it doesn't normally grow anyway - as Lordy has pointed out, the headgasket stuff is just a myth from association with the (completely different) K-Series.

Front passenger-side of the engine block - Klinger gasket has a rectangular tab that sticks out. That's how you tell if you have one or not.

Reply to
Nom

Well surely a small leak that doesn't get any worse, then that's not a major problem.

But if leaks are regularly getting big on lots of examples of that engine, then I'd call that something to worry about!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thats because it looks like dirt when its clean :D

Grey/Red Primer over about 7 diffrent flatted down colours = the tasteful paintjob..

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

I've not looked that closely, but it appears to be very clean in this respect.

Ah, that'll be why then, given its a 98.

It doesn't appear to have soiled the drive. ;-)

It is indeed one of those, then.

Reply to
JackH

Both, or just one? If one, care to enlighten me as to which?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Aye, mine never dripped (that I saw) either. It's only a tiny little leak - just enough to coat the block in a fine film. It never needed topping up between services or anything.

Reply to
Nom

That's exactly it. They all do it a bit - it doesn't usually get any worse.

Agreed. But it's not regular on lots of examples :)

Reply to
Nom

Agent.

Reply to