Porsche 4 sale, ex Top Gear

Any offers?? The Hamster

Reply to
BertBassett

LOL!!!!!!!!

Reply to
dojj

As long as it's not the old Nag of a 928 that Clarkson bought.....

JB

Reply to
JB

Obviously you didn't watch it then?

As for me, I'm expecting delivery of a new living room suite very soon :-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Andy, I hope your delivery men take spinach. That coffee table looked a bit heavy.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Alloy block, dry, won't weigh much.

if you want one!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I wasn't serious - honest!!

But what a coffee table eh?

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

I loved the veiled claim that he'd made them himself. He's about as practical as a chocolate teapot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i'll give you 50p for the gearknob.

Reply to
jeremy

But that was the only 'real' Porche, the rest came from off laid Audi coupe projects. The 928 was meant to replace the 'horror' 911 in its days. If the 928 could be restored, that would really be something...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Agreed. I do like the 928, but if not maintained correctly it is be a money-pit. I have worked on 3 which have had cooling system problems caused by lack of correct maintenance resulting in very expensive engine repairs. They are a beast of a car though, and for about £3-4k you can actually get quite a nice one. Restoration of a 1981 like Clarkson's would have been a *costly* exercise. I'd get a 928S or 928S2 personally (and a mortgage for the fuel bills too!).

JB

Reply to
JB

Ah yes, and I'll bet he never managed to do it in the budget either.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Personally I think you ruined it with that "air scoop".

Reply to
neutron

"Top gear - Getting a bit samey ?

Its the same stories in every show - its just the cars are different

Someone told me that that Sheepdog prog. (remember ?) on BBC had a similar viewing figure to Top gear but was dropped - Top Gear costs a "lot" to make and Old Clarkson gets a huge cut in overseas sales - Good for him, its just a shame innit for everyone else

Reply to
Tommy

Perhaps they should have amalgamated the programmes. Imagine Clarkson sent out to fetch some sheep. Come-bye, come-bye. Lay down. Good dog. I think he would look just right for the job.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Is it just me or are most people here not into "Top Gear?" Dare I say I quite like it for the humour.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Tommy (@invalid.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think your PC clock's out a bit. It seems to think you're posting in

2004.

Top Gear got crap and samey at least ten years ago.

Reply to
Adrian

Have to agree with you. It's all about Clarkson these days. I used to like Clarkson up until this series of Top Gear. He seems to be going the same way as Chris Evans went with TFI - he even has the same audience of sycophants in the background. it's become less about the cars and more about image and what crazy and outrageous things they can do with the cars. They must have fun doing it, but I'm getting bored.

Reply to
neutron

Also sprach Adrian :-

Just folllowing the car market then.