Problem - Mondeo Estate Boot lock

I have a 1998 Ford Mondeo Estate which has central locking. The doors all work OK but the boot lid won't undo except manaully with the key. Can anyone offer any advice as to what the problem may be ?

Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike Day

On my SD1, the interior air is sucked out over the tailgate lock and it gets filthy over the years. A good clean got the central locking going again. It could, of course, be the motor burnt out, but this ain't that common.

Other thing to check is if there's a deadlock position for 'courtesy' parking, although I'd not think this much use in an estate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Broken wire under the rear seat.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

there is a solenoid on these the wire might have stretch ?

Reply to
dojj

Hi Mike

There's a number of variants of this. Do you have the release lever at the drivers side or is it an electronic remote operated affair?

If the remote lever type then its possibly just come unclipped or even had the cable stretch, refitting or readjusting required as appropriate..

There's also a feature on mine where i can have it operate separately from the central locking, maybe this applies to you, don't ask how to disable it I've racked my brains and clearly some new learning has shoved out some old knowledge!!

Reply to
Steve Sweet