BMW 328CI E46....Boot Lock problems

Hi all,

Does anyone have any bright ideas about my boot lock. It will not open from the remote control only by the key manually. The doors are working perfectly with the central locking.

I have checked the wiring and fuses all seem okay, even tried swapping out the actual lock and acutator but no joy.

I have read other posts with similar problem and they mention "solenoid" and "valet lock in glove compartment" but I don't know what or where either of these are!!!

Many thanks....

Reply to
sandrajvelani

Have you checked the actual switch on the boot hasn't jammed? This is quite easy to do on my E39 - which may be the same. If it jams in one position, it stops the CL motor working.

When you open it manually, but not using the key, you're actually operating a switch which motors the lock open. It's under the rubber bung thingie.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)