Pug 306 ignition/steering lock

Hi all,

A friend has an R reg 306 (I'm sorry but I'm not sure which model - it's a 5 gear, bog standard with no 'black' lenses on the rear).

The ignition key barrel stuck (i.e. you couldn't turn the key or release the steering wheel) a few weeks ago and, with a bit of jiggling, came undone. Today it stuck again and was only freed by the rescue driver with a bit of 'percussive maintenance'.

Is this a well known problem and, if it is, is there a simple way of mending it without changing the whole barrel?

I haven't been able to get into the cowling under the column yet (didn't have any Torx screwdivers . . . ) but does anybody know if any remedy that might be suggested is a fairly simple procedure?

Thanks very much in advance,

Steveski

Reply to
Steveski

I was wrong - it has got the blackened/smoked looking reversing light lenses.

It's a 5-door XL.

-- Steveski

Reply to
Steveski