R plate car 1st reg 99???

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@bogoffwithzepressedmeatblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Y2KRS :- (rac vehicle data search) Manufacturer FORD Model SIERRA Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK

(vehiclelicence.gov.uk) Date of Liability 01 03 2007 Date of First Registration 12 07 2002 Year of Manufacture 2001 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1993CC Fuel Type Petrol Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour WHITE

Bloody 'ell - it should be on a late 02 plate, not a 51... Another six weeks, and it would have been 52.

Reply to
Adrian

In news:Xns978850370700Cadrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Might be an 02, thinking about it.

I know it's the new format, just had it in my head it was a 51.

Reply to
Pete M

not too much of a concern really, car was probably first used outside the UK and not registered here till 1999. Log book always shows date first registered in the UK not necessarily date of manufacture

I used to have a Rover 400 Tourer on an R plate, first used in Eire and registered in the UK in 2000 so showed on the log book as first registered in 2000.

On Tue,

14 Mar 2006 21:18:52 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Reply to
John